Athena is always looking for new ways to get you the cryptocurrency you want. We operate several different avenues for purchasing or selling bitcoin:
- Our ATM network in 8 different states that provide buy and sell access to bitcoin and litecoin
- BitQuick.co for cash purchases or sells of bitcoin at local banks without needing an ATM
- Athena Investor Services for purchases or sells of bitcoin in amounts greater than $10,000
...and, now, we're proud to announce our newest avenue: E-checks at AthenaBitcoin.com!
What are e-checks?
E-checks are just electronic versions of personal checks, including the same information: The bank account holder's name, billing address, account number, and routing number. See the image to the right for locating your routing number on a check. If you don't have physical checks, you can usually find your routing number on your bank's website or by calling them directly.
How does this work?
Our e-check system operates in two stages--all online:
- Click Buy Online at AthenaBitcoin.com and fill out the short form
- Receive an email with a link from our payments partner Green Payment Processing (link URL should begin with https://greenbyphone.com). Open the link in that email to fill out your bank account details. Include all required information, then electronically sign and submit that form.
You will receive a call from Green Payments to verify your purchase.
How long does it take to receive my bitcoin?
After you receive the verification call it will take a minimum of 3 business days for your check to clear. We're seeing 8-9 total days to receive your bitcoin, but we hope to improve that optimize the platform going forward.
What is the cost?
Our prices change dynamically with the markets and update second by second. Please visit our Buy Online page and select "E-check" to see current pricing.
What is the advantage over regular exchange sites?
No waiting for pre-approval and direct receipt of your bitcoin to the address you specify, plus the backing of Athena Bitcoin and our industry-leading customer support!
I never received my payment email!
Our apologies; this is a known problem that we're still working on. In the mean time please just try again with a new order at AthenaBitcoin.com and you should receive an email in subsequent attempts.